You’ve done the interviews – enlightening weren’t they? It’s now time to put everything information that may be in your www.nbmarine.com.sg head down on paper, and pull all this together into a complete photo.
This article follows on from your previous document which provided tips on how to conduct the selection interviews themselves. In this article we give you some practical techniques to make use of whilst analyzing your interviews, helping mold your outcomes into some thing tangible.
Sort your findings into a lien
After interviews you’ll find that you’ll lots of interesting thoughts and ideas moving around your brain, but very likely in no clear framework. The effects will be much easier to understand and convey to others if they are bought into a crystal clear narration.
The easiest method to do this to achieve this is to place everything down on paper and sift through the results to generate a final specific story.
Sticky notes & a white board
* Put all the concepts, suggestions and studies you found in each interview onto post-it notes (each point should be on its own note).
* Attempt to avoid long sentences as you should be able to quickly scan it and know very well what it refers to, each post-it should only contain approximately 10 words.
* Feel free to use brief quotes or perhaps simple summaries if that they sum up the finding very well.
* Add a number or an interviewee name to the corner so you can keep track just where each post-it came from.
2. If you evaluated people via differing categories (for case in point new and returning customers) patterns will probably be easier to spot if you set a symbol on each of your post-it (or used shade co-ordinated post-its) to show which usually group they will belonged to.
After the selection interviews you’ll know the dimensions of the common themes that appear through the selection interviews, so focus the post-its around and group them accordingly.
Invest some time with this, you may find the initial groupings transform over time. This can be called an ‘affinity diagram’. An advantage of using post-its is that you can view the whole of your effects at once, instead of seeing a little part over a screen at any one time. Seeing the ‘big picture’ will assist you to visualise what’s going on more easily than attempting this visualisation in your head alone. Another advantage is that post-its give you the flexibility to make further changes to your diagram if and when needed.
Should you be able to, try this on a white board. This has 2 positive aspects:
* It is possible to draw bands around the categories, and add observation where needed.
* The post-its are inclined to stick and stay to need all of them (rather than deciding to fall for the floor at the most inopportune times).
Essentially you’re making a visual counsel (almost a mind map) of the end result. Once it could visualized, you will find it’ll make a lot more impression.
Don’t forget why you were conducting the interviews
The first article emphasized the necessity to have a specific goal when ever conducting the interviews:
“The aims of interviews should be discover:
2. Users’ needs and goals.
* How users full tasks on your own site (or would perform if features was available).
* What users think the site presents them (and what more they will really want/need). ”
This could act as a useful framework to use your findings, and should always be remembered although conducting the analysis. But keep in mind that the advantage of interviews is definitely their flexibility so if you come to feel placing an alternate focus on the results clarifies your results, you can do therefore.
Bounce your opinions off another individual
Stand in front of your post-its and talk your findings through with someone (or several people). Encourage issues. You will not be competent to answer every question, however, you will find in which gaps in your explanations happen to be. Talking through your findings will help further clarify your ideas, and you’ll realize where the spaces are in the overall photo.
You may also get bouncing strategies off men and women that didn’t show up at the selection interviews useful. Witnessing the outcomes with somebody with a diverse perspective from your can make ideas will possibly not have considered otherwise.
Take your time
You will find the first couple of hours will be filled with a madness of producing and grouping post-its, you must then sleep on the result. You will find your subconscious can keep on working on the problems, and you may well get you wake up with additionally ideas, or when getting a soak in a bath, or on the walk home… There always exists further parts to add, and changes to be made to your affinity diagram.
Developing your findings from interviews is like developing a photograph manually ,. It takes some if you speed through the procedure then the final result is quite a bit less it should be. Take your time over the every stage, you could been given an outstanding amount of information to method during the selection interviews, so ensure every thing relevant gets down and a clear overall message will be able to develop.
Once you aren’t done it just leaves the ‘simple’ couple of:
* Making whatever changes are should your site
* Producing matrimonios
* Checking out problems with your present site
2. Directing new design concepts
another one for the thousands of concerns interviews can feed extremely useful information into . But these “small” concerns might be possible knowing your hard work are going to pay off arrive go live.
As stated in the previous content “interviews are an easy way to find in-depth information about the users”, remember more hard work is needed than expected to get those great results.